Hey, Havok fans and visitors. This site is a place for fun and enjoyment, and we want to keep it that way. Here’s how it works…
Havok’s Golden Rule
Treat others as you would like to be treated, and make it FUN. Did someone misunderstand you? Extend grace, with a dash of humor. Did someone misinterpret your story? Explain it gently, with a dash of entertainment.
Comments & Code of Conduct
- Above all, be kind, positive, and respectful.
- We love to share the joy of Havok stories, so your public comments may be quoted on social media or in promotional materials. If you love a story, craft your comment like an endorsement on the cover of a book!
- Comments containing negative critique or feedback (and their replies) will be deleted without notice or apology. Let the old adage guide you: “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”
- This is not a story critique or review website. Even constructive and helpful critique will be removed. If you want to help an author improve their story, contact them privately and ask if they’d like to hear your suggestions.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a ban from commenting or loss of membership status.
If you notice a comment that seems to violate these rules, feel free to email us the story URL using our service contact page.
You of the Havok Horde, our prize-winners and paying members, get the exclusive ability to show your appreciate for the stories via the rating system. Your ratings will help great stories rise to the top and our Reader’s Choice for each season will be selected based on ratings (other factors such as comments will also be considered should we need a tie-breaker).
The rating system is as follows:
No rating = Meh. Didn’t care for the story. Forgettable, or otherwise not to your taste.
One bolt = Good stuff. You liked it.
Two bolts = Lightning struck twice! You really liked it.
Three bolts = Above and beyond! You won’t forget that story any time soon.
Did you see that? One bolt actually means GOOD (you’ll need to set aside everything you remember from rating systems like Amazon or Goodreads while you’re here).
Notice that we don’t have a rating for “I hated it” or “Bad story”. That’s because here at Havok, we’re all about positive fun and enjoyment!